Saturday, June 13, 2009

waiting still

I'm trying hard to put this biopsy result thing on the back burner and not let it affect my having Dana here for a few days, but it's beginning to wear me down, I'm afraid. I find myself sitting and staring at nothing a lot, and wanting to go spend money - how that fits in, I'm not sure, but it's there. Last night, I needed out of the house, and bad.

After Dana left to go visit some friends, we went to eat at a little place out of town. They have great pizza, but I was in the mood for a French Dip - messy dip and all! The place was busy, but we weren't in a rush, so we just sat and talked. After a long while, they brought out salads, and our money!! They said since we'd waited so long, they were making dinner on them! Wow - okay.

We ate our salad, and a bit later, the owner came over to apologize herself. I told her we wanted to pay for our dinner, but I'd take a piece of their delicious German chocolate cake if she insisted... she said they would throw in the cake on top of giving us our dinner! This lady was persistent!!

After we ate - good sandwich, but not the best French Dip I've ever had - I went up to get our cake. I tried to pay for it, but she wouldn't let me. I smiled, thanked her again and walked out the door.

Her tip - the price of our dinner. I still figure we came out ahead, what with the free pieces of cake and all!!

1 comment:

shanon said...

Remember, I still say no news is good news.
Shanon