Monday, March 18, 2013

Holding God's hand

Today we will bury my cousin Elaine. She is the third cousin to die in recent years way too soon.  I'm not ready....

"Time is filled with swift transition...
naught of earth unmoved can stand
build your hopes on things eternal-
Hold to God's unchanging hand.

Trust in Him who will not leave you
whatsoever years may bring
if by earthly friends forsaken
still more closely to Him cling.

When your journey is completed
If to God you have been true
Fair and bright the home in Glory
Your enraptured soul will view."

Earlier this week, I was in Tomball with Erin. We went to the outlet mall, and Bladen wanted me to "hold you" - carry him.  Now, he is a big boy, and Nana usually doesn't carry him, but he was feeling hesitant and not secure so finally we talked him into walking alongside me and holding my hand.  As we made our way through all the stores, I noticed he felt safe and relaxed. Nana had him.

God has Elaine's hand.  Today she is reunited with her son lost in 1970 in his infancy, with her parents and many other loved ones who made the journey before her. And she will wait for us to join her

"Trust Me, Amy. Hold onto My hand and I will make you safe and secure. When you are lonely or sad or you lose someone you love I will be there.  Hold to My unchanging hand. "



No comments: