Thursday, March 04, 2010

time passing

Two weeks ago was mom's fall. It's been a stressfull two weeks, but we' ve seen her come very far. My in-laws are a tight bunch, but we've always been the "outsiders" because we left the Houston area. One good thing about this is that the siblings are talking a lot more lately, and are all supportive of Dad. His reaction has been the most brutal; I don't think I'll ever adjust to hearing him cry. A co-worker reminded me today that that generation of men just didn't share their emotions, and that none of us are used to it. It's been good for Andy to see this side of his dad - as gut-wrenching as it has been. We will see how things continue to move on.

Erin and Dana have been my eyes, ears, and hands through this, and I'm so proud of them. Their servant hearts have really been there for the whole family, and they are doing all they can. I hope they know how dear they are to me.

No comments: