Friday, November 26, 2010

The Cecelia Girls

Growing up, my mother and her sisters were called "the May girls". Feisty, flirty, smart, and beautiful - they were a force to be reckoned with. Nobody better ever try to split them up or cause them grief, for it was all-for-one in the truest form. They are all gone now, and their memories are strong within our family.

Yesterday, I met "the Cecelia girls" - 4 sisters eerily reminescent of my mother and her sisters. I spent the day of Thanksgiving with them - together for the first time since their mother's passing 3 years ago - one lives in Missouri, one in Lubbock, and two here. My dear friend Jackie invited us to spend the day, and it was a full one. I got to observe her in a whole new dynamic, and it was delightfully enlightening.

Raucous laughter, competitive games, serious discussion, lots and lots of teasing, and mostly, love. Lots and lots of love. I felt honored to be let in to such an intimate setting - nothing held back. I almost felt like one of them.

So, thanks Cecelia sisters for a great day - one I'll remember for a long, long time! I hope you return to Pleasanton very soon!!

No comments: