Monday, November 05, 2007

Dave Ramsey, I wish I'd never met you!!

I've written before about how Andy and I are disciples of Dave. We are grateful for how we've been able to "see a better way" and get ourselves into better financial situations. Andy is happier than he has been in years, and it is nice to see a brighter future.

BUT I WANT TO BUY STUFF!!! Right now, I'm having a really, really hard time holding back on some major purchases, like new furniture, and doing some stuff around the house that needs it big-time. But, Oh No, not when you live according to Dave and haven't got it all saved up!! GRRRR !

We had a budget meeting Sat., and things are moving along where we need them too. My surgeries have set us back some, but we are still way ahead of where we started. Last night, I broke a tooth. Yep. Saturday morning, my dentist wasn't in the running of where I wanted to spend money; now, he's WAY at the top. Good news is, it isn't hurting, so I have time. Wait, that's what put me in this mess to begin with!

I shouldn't be complaining, but I really could go with a nice afternoon of swiping plastic and not thinking about the bill. Therapy - escapism - living in a dream world. Yep. Big time.

4 comments:

Jaci said...

oh yeah, I am there with you. There are so many things that I want/need to get, but we dont have the money right now so I cant get them. Luckily I have absolutely NO credit cards in my wallet. Or else, I think we would be in trouble. Doesnt being a grown up, with a conscience stink sometimes????

Jackie said...

No comment.

Dana said...

Trust me - Don't wait too long on that broken tooth! That can come back to bite you in the end. HA HA! Get it? Bite you! Oh....I am my father's daughter!

The Johnsons said...

I'm sorry mom. New furniture would be fun...