Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Two out of three??

On Thursday, I will go to Lola Fae's funeral; the second one in two weeks. Mom always said death comes in threes - I hope not in this case! I feel a real responsibility to attend these ceremonies - to honor the lives of those who have been a big part of mine. Not that I was that close to Lola Fae or Karo, it's just that we have a commonality of faith and a hope of the resurrection to come, and they led the way ahead for me.
I always wonder at funerals who will come to mine; what will people remember about me or say in my memory. Whatever it will be, I hope it's not for quite a while.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

How was the funeral. Maybe if you cound Cinder as #3 you'll be done with your funerals for a while. Let's hope this is the case. Love you!

(Sorry to say that about cinder - it's sad, but at least your 'threes' might be over...)