Monday, September 20, 2010

What a weekend -

Just returned from a long weekend in Houston - saw many of Andy's family over the three days of our trip; most of the time we spent with Mom and Dad.

I am the first to marry into the LaMore family; over 34 years of getting to know them - how they function was so different from my own family that at times I didn't think I'd ever fit in... being a small-town girl brought with it some awkwardness at times, and it took a while before I was comfortable talking to my in-laws.

Since Mom's fall in February, things have pretty much opened up. Andy and his dad have been able to be very open about things, and I feel like Andy has been a good ear for his dad. We have learned more about his life with Margaret (Andy's birth mother), and I have become much more affectionate with them both. I have been about to tell his mom things I have felt - about how grateful I am that she came into Andy's life, and those kind of things. So, if anything good has come out of this situation, that would be it.

We did get to see Dana and the Johnsons for dinner on Friday evening, so that made this Mom/Nana very happy!! Andy had a great birthday, and we worshipped with the saints in Katy before heading home in lots and lots of rain!!

I am so blessed!!!

No comments: