Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Joy Renewed

I have always enjoyed Christmas, as have most people. The sneaking around, the lists, the choosing of wrapping paper, and the overall optimistic attitude of the folks around me.

All the years I taught, I loved the excitement of the children in the school. They were sometimes harder to keep a handle on, but children anticipating Christmas is contagious, and I often felt like one of them. This has been a different year; being retired I was not on a school campus to "catch" their fever.

However, I do have two little elves who are making this holiday season even more precious than ever. The presence of Liz and Bladen around the tree and opening their stockings and gifts will add a new level of joy to my life in a couple of days. I always look forward to seeing Dana, Erin, and Gregg open theirs, and this year is no different - I always sneak in a gift they weren't anticipating to liven things up!

So, to you and yours, Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holidays to all. I'll be thinking of you!!

No comments: