Friday, April 22, 2011

Marvelous May

Before retirement, Jackie always said that she didn't like how I "was" at the end of school; grumpy, tired, and short-tempered. I avoided commitments during the last month in order to keep up the stamina needed to put a year of school to rest. No longer!!

As of today, each and every weekend of May is filled with love and family - the first weekend will take us to Millsap to participate in my cousins' TicketLady Trot to raise money for a scholarship in my aunt's memory. Following the next Saturday will be a weekend visit with some cousins as they journey to the coast for a family vacation. The third weekend is out 35th wedding anniversary - enough said - and the last weekend, we just found out that our friends Steve and Dianne will be coming down from Ohio for a visit!!

Wow! I don't think I could've done all this fun a year ago!! Happy Retirement!!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I have seen that the change in you....it is happiness.

The Johnsons said...

What a fun month! June will be full of good things, too. :)