Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Week in Heaven

Yes, 2 year olds are head-strong; one year olds make messes; sleeping without Andy is the pits - but I LOVED my week with the Johnsons!!! Driving in Houston was less stressful, and working around the diet was challenging (but well done!), but I got to see Liz's school and admire Bladen's amazing balance while mastering the walking process!!

I even enjoyed a sugar-free grape snowcone!!

There are sweet memories I will keep forever; rubbing Erin's feet while she rested on the couch beside me, playing Words With Friends with Gregg, snuggling with Liz while she played on Gregg's ITouch, holding them both on my lap for a long, long time watching animals frolick on the computer (My legs finally went numb, and we had to divert their attention to something else!), Bladen folding in laughter as I bounced him on the air mattress, and having Liz say firmly, "Nana, lay down!" as we rested on her bed.

And the killer, "No go car, need more NaNa!" SO hard to walk away, so hard....

So, while I hated to see my sweet daughter so miserable, I relished the time spent with them - talk about a mixed blessing!

Sure makes house-hunting in Houston appealing....!!

No comments: