Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Looking back and smiling

My firstborn turned 28 today - Happy Birthday, Dana Elizabeth! My labor was very long, and by the time she was born, the sun and risen and set again. Too much demeral almost took her from us, but we didn't know that until later; don't think about that much, but when I do, it shakes me to my core. She wonders why I say, "be careful" all the time, but I guess in the back of my mind, I'm remembering that.

She got to be the guinea pig, and there's really very little I think I messed up. I had so much fun playing with her and watching her learn and grow. I stretched one year at home with her and Erin into two, and almost bankrupted us with not teaching, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat to be with them every day.

I don't doubt that all moms think their daughter is the best, but I understand it more every day. To see what God does with a life given to Him is amazing, and while I miss the little girl Dana, I relish my time with the woman she is. Who knows what the future holds, right?!?



1 comment:

Jackie said...

Too scary.

I am looking forward to the next 30 years unles I luck out and get to die before then.