Thursday, January 03, 2008

On Dangerous Soil

I'd ask you to pray today for Rebekah and Matthew Norwood and 4 other A & M college students. They are on a mission trip to Nairobe, Kenya right now, and if you have seen the news, you know they are in a bad place. Last night, we had multiple prayers on their behalf, and several of the elders and our minister went to their home; their parents are on the phone and internet with the other parents, trying to figure out the best course of action. As of lunch, the situation looked better than it did last night, but the decision has been made to bring them home as soon as possible. Just getting them safely to the airport is the challenge.
I've been wondering if I've ever put my life on the line for the Lord. Have I been fearless for my Saviour? Have I sacrificed any of my comfort or security to aid those who need Him?
I honor those in Kenya right now, and hope their homecoming will be quick and safe. I also hope this doesn't quench the fire in them to seek chances to serve those in foreign fields.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: