Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day, 2008

Coming to school today, I was filled with thoughts about the Veterans that I know. I hope they know how much we love and honor them -

Curtis Knight - my uncle who fought WWII with his brothers, received the purple heart when shot clean through the lung. His brother Jack received the Congressional Medal of Honor and was lost at sea when shot down. America meant the world to those brothers.

My dad - not truly a Veteran, but worked Civil Service all my life for his government. Instrumental in developement of the C-5 bomber that still flies over San Antonio.

Robert Hutton and his sons - I always pray for their safety - they are such good men.

My father in Law- Frank LaMore. A Navy man that didn't talk much about his service until these later years. I guess some things you don't talk about.

Tyler Bryan - a new Marine. I hope he stays safe.

And today, I'm thinking of Elizabeth. What does this world hold for her and her generation? Will America remain strong and safe? Will she face fears and sacrifices her mother and aunt never faced? Let's hope these military men and women of today and our future continue the strong determination of our Veterans to ensure their lives and freedoms.

No comments: