Friday, November 07, 2008

Mothers and daughters -

Today is my mother's birthday. She would be 81 had she lived; that is hard to imagine! Lately, with Elizabeth being born, she has been on my mind a lot, and I think she would be pretty excited. With Elizabeth, the use of that name in my family is extended now to 9 generations - something she would point out to everyone. She liked to call Dana that, just to get our goat, and would continue it here as well. She really liked to joke around with folks, and always grumbled that I was not able to "take a joke." I won't go into it here.....

Now that I am a grandmother, I wish that she were still around for Dana and Erin. She had so many talents and abilities to share with them. But unfortunately, the end of her life was not affording her the opportunities to use them. Our loss as well as hers.

As time passes, I recall more often the good things about my mom and our relationship, and I hope my girls do, to. She was their Granny.

No comments: