Saturday, January 09, 2010

God's Will

Today has been a very emotional day for me. Jackie and I drove together to the monthly Ladies' Prayer Breakfast, and the group was wonderful, food delicious and day crisp and clear. When it came time to ask for prayers, the mood shifted to one of such strong emotion - sadness, anger, disappointment, that I could hardly catch my breath. I could not even put into words the anguish I was feeling as it came to my turn to pray. I have cried off and on all day -

Several years ago, a friend was facing a big decision, and was struggling with knowing God's will for her and the situation. I told her, "You know. You will know. It will come to you and you will be sure."

After the events of today - I doubt that.

2 comments:

Darla said...

There were several good things that came from the morning. I think some of the ladies revealed their inner most selves, drawing them closer to the others present. Everybody in the group responded in their own ways to the situation. We will all try to be more aware of others just from our morning together.

shanon said...

I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. That is the only thing I know for sure!