Saturday, May 22, 2010

34 and counting

34 years ago today, at 4:00 in the Huntsville Church of Christ, I said, "I do." Little did I know just what that all entailed, and I'm happy to say that, for the most part, it's been a pretty easy commitment.

Looking back, here are some of the things "I do" have meant to me:

~ I do laugh after all these years at the majority of his goofy jokes
~ I do enjoy Star Trek as much as he does, and can quote most of the movies right along with him!
~ I do love his family, and feel honored to be part of the tribe.
~ I do take great comfort in his routines and patterns of his life
~ I do feel safe in knowing that he has my back when life is rough
~ I do love riding alongside him in a car for hours to get to the mountains we both love
~ I do take pride in the beautiful daughters we've raised together
~ I do love watching him as he serves his God
~ I do take pleasure in the feel of his hand intertwined in mine
~ I do look forward to the rest of my life with him, and eternity that follows.

Happy Anniversary, Andrew - I still do~

No comments: