Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A part of history

This weekend, our congregation celebrated 100 years of worshipping in Pleasanton. So much history was shared; both sweet and inspirational. Some pretty funny stories, as well - and a couple of good "videos" from years past. As each frame rolled by, and each story was shared, I thought of so many people who are no longer with us. We came in 1987, and promptly found our groove amid this wonderful group of saints. I'm not saying it's always been perfect, but it is home. Like Dorothy says in the "Wizard of Oz", there's no place like home.


People I thought of this weekend: Gus Schutzenberg, Bubba Lester, Bob Rackley, Dennis and Lola Fae Showers, Frank Perkins, Roy and Hazel Stevens, J.F. Andrews just to name a few. I also missed Roxie, the Rosenauers, Andy and Jackie, Mike and Carol Pawelek - why weren't they there??

I was blessed to have Dana and the Johnsons with us, and even though Liz and Bladen are too young to remember the events of the weekend, their Nana and Daddio sure were glad they could come with their sweet parents. It was very special, and someday I'll be able to explain to them how glad I was .

So, now begins the next 100 years.

1 comment:

Dana said...

It was a good weekend. On a completely off topic comment, when I read "Dana and the Johnsons", I read it to the tune of "Bennie and the Jets". :)