Sunday, July 25, 2010

And, we're off!!

Tomorrow morning, Andy and I will load our stuff and head off on this year's adventure.

A few months ago, I got it in my head that I wanted to take Andy to watch a shuttle launch before the program ended. He has loved the space program all his life, and I had this romantic vision of standing beside him, holding his hand as we watched the shuttle rise from the pad and disappear from our view.

Well, we will see the launch pad, and I'm sure I'll hold his hand at some point during the trip, but we will not be seeing a shuttle launch; they scrubbed the mission a few weeks ago. After giving him the option of waiting and going in the Fall, he opted to go ahead and go now. It will be a busy two days at Cape Canaveral; eating lunch with an astronaut, riding a shuttle simulator, and visiting the Star Trek exhibit. Yes, NASA acknowledges Star Trek!

As for me, I'm looking forward to seeing a part of the world I've never seen; haven't been past Biloxi, Miss.! and visiting my brother and niece whom I've not seen in too many years. Oh, and sleeping on clean sheets in a cold, cold hotel room every night! :)

So, so long for a few days; I'll tell all about it at a later date. Lord willing, it will be an adventure!!

1 comment:

STAG said...

Oh that would have been soooo cool!