Thursday, August 12, 2010

Morning, Retirement style

By far, my favorite thing about retirement so far is mornings. No alarm, no rushing out the door. Instead, I get to kiss my husband goodbye, and then - if I want - I slip blissfully back into sleep. Once awake, I stretch and twist and think on whatever enters my head until I desire to leave my bed for the day. The quiet of the house and the comfort of moving at a slower pace is luxury.

I've always loved stretching - when the girls were little, I'd gently pull on their little baby arms and legs and rub them - I'd roll them around and twist them back and forth, to limber their little bodies and make them more aware of their surroundings; now, I just give myself that little bit of awareness before the beginning of the day. I've found that, getting older, it really makes the old chassis easier to get going!!

So, before you get yourself up, give a little stretch!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

GOOGLE-PH said...

mee too,

priyanto said...

fine morning...

Darla said...

Today will really mark the beginning of your retirement. I am envious! But today enjoy your time to yourself while the rest of us are sitting and listening to whatever the administration thinks will make us better at doing what we have been doing for years.