Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Seeing Gary
















My mother had three children; Gary, Amy, and Marsha. We were spread apart in years and lifestyles, and since our mother's death in 2001, we have not seen each other. We were her whole purpose and joy in life, and she desperately wanted us to remain close - as close as she was with her sisters. She would be so disappointed to know that we have not followed that example.







On our vacation, Andy and I spent a wonderful evening with Gary, his singing partner, Leah, and his sweet daughter, Amanda. I had not seen Mandy in 20 years, as her mother and Gary divorced very quickly following Amanda's birth, and - well, we just didn't keep in touch. It was like we'd been together every day- laughing, recalling wonderful memories, and sharing pictures. The album you see Gary holding is one he recorded when he was 25, and he said, "I'd given up hope of ever seeing this again!!" It was a joy to see him so happy, and so content. Leah had helped me set everything up, as my stubborn brother is too busy playing golf to do email or Facebook!! :) , so thanks, Leah!


It was a perfect way to end our vacation, and I sure hope it's not another ten years before we see each other again!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I enjoyed all these pictures (and am so proud you figured out the layout thing!), but I love the picture of you and Gary. Can I have a copy, please?! I imagine Granny would be happy to have seen you enjoying each other and I wish I could have seen his face when you pulled out his old record!