Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starting a New Chapter

Well, yesterday came and went, and I survived; but now to get past next Monday.

About 11:30 yesterday morning, it dawned on me that this was the first day back of school. All summer long, it had seemed far in the distance; when people would ask me about being retired, I would say something like, "It'll hit me when school starts"....

Erin, Gregg, Liz and Bladen came home this weekend so that Erin could attend a baby shower for a friend. They stayed until yesterday, and I can't help but wonder if they were staying to help Mom get through the day without being down. Even if that wasnt' even a part of their reasoning - it worked! A morning of the babies and the hustle and bustle of loading up all the stuff that goes with a baby sure kept my mind occupied .

So, somewhere off in the distance, were my former co-workers; sharing stories of their summer and talking about the new year beginning. I wonder if anyone even noticed I was gone? After all these years - you'd hope so.

So, life and PISD go on without me. Someone is preparing to take over my classes, and my kids. Today, the new chapter continues with a day spent with sisters in Christ at Tina's house; I've GOT to learn to do some type of craft if I'm going to continue to go to these gatherings, but for today, I'm just going for the fellowship. Tomorrow will be Bible Study, and so on. Already, the week will be half over.

Now, to get past next Monday, when my kids all go back, and I'm not there.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Actually - I hadn't even thought about us keeping you occupied on Monday. I'm glad the kids were a good distraction though. :) Thanks for a good visit!

Not Alone said...

Here is nice blog. We are sharing

http://hd4you.blogspot.com