Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dana stated the other day that she is in a "blog freeze" - and I think I have the same problem!! Since my surgery, nothing is coming to mind, other than the surgery; and I don't want that to be my entire focus....

I will say that it is really nice to be free of the heart monitor, though. 3 weeks of wearing it 24/7 got old, and while I found it amazing that our technology has enable folks to do this while living life, the new was over after about 1 week. So, last night, we went into San Antonio to celebrate. My first trip to Carrino's was wonderful - other than watching Andy enjoy the bread and oil. This has to be the hardest part, even harder than giving up Cokes!! Breads and crackers were definitely my weakness, and I miss them a lot.

So. I go back to my surgeon next week for my second check-up. I hope the scale moves downward and that he is happy with my progress. I see it and feel it in many ways, but I want him to be pleased too.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I feel your pain....watching Andy eat the bread with oil. After 9 or is it 10 wks. of being very strict on my diet I am missing the "white" stuff!
I will say that I am getting used to it and the reward is greater than the pain for me!

You know I wish you the best!