Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Angels Among Us

This past week has offered me many things to blog about. Unfortunately, there was no computer available, and when there was, no brain to use.



I know that I am loved. I have come in the past year or so to feel it in so many ways among family, church members and friends - and I have come to accept and relish that affection. But this past week, I was loved by people who had no history with me or the eventuality of a future friendship. They loved me because they are servants of healing - nurses, doctors, surgeons, respiratory therapists, and ladies who cleaned my room. While in my presence, I was their priority and focus.



At one very low point, when I was more scared than I have ever been, some strangers came to my comfort and support. They held my hands, looked me in the eye, and assured me that they were right there beside me. Later, several came to find me on another floor, because they were concerned about what had happened to me that evening.



The Men and Women of Methodist Transplant and Surgery Hospital have my undying (appropriate choice of words!! ) thanks and appreciation. I will never look at the scripture about "angels unaware" the same again.



When I left today, some came by the room and some found me in the hall. Some hugged; one told me to "soar as high as the sky." I will always pray for their works and hope for them a long and happy life.



Linda - Omar - Jolie - Dr. Guerra - Amy - Kim - Tres - Minna - Mikey - Angelina, and Sharon. Many whose names I have already forgotten; but never, ever their kindnesses toward me. A stranger. One patient among the throngs that pass through their halls.



They have no idea... how could they??

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I am so thankful you were in such good hands! I've never met these people but I love them for how they took care of my mama. Glad you are home and can't wait to see you. Pray we're healthy soon! :)