Thursday, March 17, 2011

Victory Ring

One of my favorite movies is "Independence Day" with Will Smith. In it, he is a fighter pilot who carries with him a "Victory Dance" cigar to enjoy after each successful mission. He's given me an idea...

When Andy and I married, I received from him the diamonds that were in his birthmother's wedding ring set. We found a setting we liked, and I wore them proudly. Then, my weight gain began, and not long after Erin's birth (28 yrs. ago!) I found them too tight to wear. They have been put away for safekeeping until the day I could wear them again. Later, Andy bought me a "replacement" ring to wear.

I have decided that, since soon that ring will not even fit my thumb, I will sell it for the gold, and buy for myself a "Victory Ring." It will remind me every day of the effort I am putting forth, and the success I will have found. I think I've already found it - James Avery to the rescue - and so now, I wait.

It wil be wonderful!!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I can't wait to see what ring you pick! A new ring and testamony to write are great things to look forward to!