Friday, January 20, 2012

Odd dreams and other things that keep me awake at night...

Every night, I get up at least once. I use that time to take some medication and cuddle up to a sleeping Andy. Usually, I just fall right back asleep.

Not last night. About 3:30, I woke up and Andy was stirring. I told him of my dream:

He and I went into this bathroom, which had 3 showers. One was his, one was Daniel's, and one was Johnny's. (Daniel is a current friend, Johnny a former college roommate that we haven't seen in probably 20 years.) We choose Johnny's shower, and we spend the whole time discussing the blue and white bar of Zest soap that Johnny uses. (Sorry, so "steamy" scenes in this dream!)

Once we are out, as I am dressing, I hear Dana calling me from another room. She is sick and needs her mama, so I head off in that direction to care for her. Suddenly, in steps Louise (a fellow elder's wife!) and starts telling me something that was odd at 3:30, but sadly I can't remember right now! As I stand there, dripping wet, half-dressed, trying to get to Dana, I wake up.

Okay. Why Johnny; why 3 seperate showers, why Dana calling me, and why Louise? All these things are unrelated to each other, yet my brain chose to weave them into a dream.

I didn't fall back asleep until after 5:00.

No comments: