Monday, March 19, 2012

New Year's Resolution made - and KEPT!!

Don't normally make New Year's Resolutions... my past history teaches me a lot about my ability to follow through on "projects". After a long time of not being able to stay awake and read, or remember what I was able to read, I mourned my loss of that love. So, with apnea gone and thyroid under control, I decided that this was going to be the year of returning to the books I have so long missed.

Enter my friend Jackie. She is persistent. She loves things passionately, and wants me to enjoy those things with her. So far, I've resisted horses and quilting, but since I loved reading anyway, I gave in when she handed me her Nook with "The Help" on it. It sat and sat, for weeks, because of my fear of not being able to enjoy it. The other day, she told me she wants the Nook back to send to her sister - have I finished the book yet???? :( Ummm, not really. I used my time in Houston as an excuse - sorry, Erin - and promised her I'd finish soon.)

I was halfway through on Sat. night when she asked one more time: "Where are you in the book?" Okay. I gotta do this.

Well, at 5:00 this morning, I finished "The Help". It was such a good feeling!! I can do this after all!!!

If felt so good, that rush to turn the next "page"... I'd forgotten how mesmerizing a good story can be!! I know exactly which book is next!

Now, to watch the movie!!!

No comments: