Monday, June 19, 2006

Andy's Father's Day was an odd day. Church as usual, then out to eat with a young couple we're getting to know. Told him that I've gone in with Dana on his gift - I didn't forget him - and that was fine with him. Wait till he gets it!! :) Anyway, after lunch, we ended up at the cemetary where my parents are buried. Dad has been gone an amazing 16 years, and Mom coming on 5 years.

What do you do at a cemetery? We just stood there a bit, reflecting on time passing and where we "want" to be buried when our time comes. Then, silence. Andy noted that no matter where a cemetery is, it is quiet. The nature of the beast, I guess - most people go there for comfort and peace. Anyway, we came on home and he talked to our daughters and his dad. All the bases covered - till next year. We are blessed to have our girls. I am blessed to have him as a parent in parenting.
Thanks, Andy, for 26 years in this partnership.

No comments: