Saturday, June 09, 2007

So where are the Christians?!?

Pleasanton is growing - you can almost see it happening daily. Chili's, Best Western, Walgreens - not to mention the explosion of housing surrounding me! I'm not sure what's bringing them all here - some say Toyota, but for whatever the reason, Pleasanton is attracting folks from all over.

Now, for many years, every Spring I begin praying for new families to move here to help grow the Church stronger. Ray kind of teases me about it - he's aware of my ritual and asks me each year if I've started adding that to my prayers. (I know I do it in Spring because of school being out and people tending to move then.) Anyway -

with all this growth, we've not added many members. Oh, sure, we've grown little by little and I've very greatful, but it's not in proportion with the cities' growth. I mean, surely some of these folks are bretheren, right?? Do I need to go door-to-door to check?

It's not that I want us to grow huge or anything - I just like new families bringing new ideas and excitement to perk the rest of us up.... a hold-up from growing up in the Poteet church where we WERE desperate for new members regularly.

I guess we'll just have to convert some....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Where have all the Christians gone?

" . . the answer my friend, are going Cowboy Fellowship, the People are Cowboy Fellowshippers"