Friday, June 15, 2007

WON, SPURS, WON!!

Those of you old enough to remember the Beatles remember that there were basically two types of girl Beatle fans. Some were screamers and jumpers, and the others were cryers and hair-pullers.
I was the cryer-type, and during this past Finals, with my Spurs, I discovered that I still am!!

Lastnight, while everyone was jumping, high-fiving, and yelling; I sat on the couch and soaked it all in!! I was just as excited as everyone else, I'm just not a jumper/screamer. My passion stays internal, personal, intense. ( Wow, that sounds deep.)

We hosted the game, so I was able to just stay in my nest and watch the interviews and such instead of driving home, which was nice. It was hard to sleep afterward, and I would be in front of the tv all day listening to it over and over if Andy were at work, but he's heard all he wants, and we'll do something else.

So, here's my last SPURS blog for a while; thanks to Tim, Tony, Bruce, Manu, Pop, and all the rest for giving us such wonderful entertainment for another season. Thanks for sharing your friendship, commitment, and passion with us, and for showing the world that good guys do win. Take some time off, and come back ready to do a back-to-back; it's the one thing left for this newly born "dynasty" to do.

It was truly fun.

1 comment:

andrew said...

I could write a dissertation on what the critics and sports "commentators" are saying about the Spurs winning the NBA Championship this year. But I'll not. I think the best thing I can say that that they won and they are the only team left standing. They played the hand that was delth and they won! Period . . . end of story.

Congratulations, to the Spurs.

Go Spurs Go!

And next year, 'Strive to Five' or 'One For The Thumb'.