Tuesday, September 04, 2007

God Calling

I love storms. I know a lot of people are frightened by them, but they have always been something I have taken pleasure in.

Right now, as I type, I hear loud, rumbling symphonies of thunder to the west. It's been going on for a while, and the power of its message to me is that God is near. I know, people "see" God in nature; a sleeping baby, a rainbow, a sunrise or sunset. I take pleasure in those beautiful sights as well, but for me, it's the sound of the thunder that moves me most. I find great comfort in the fact that all is working as it should, and that the storm that came will pass, and that my God is in control of it all. I think I've especially enjoyed it so much this summer because of the drought we've been through - the silence of the thunder was lonesome. The oddest part is, I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until it came back.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

how true. jaci and I were listening to the thunder and watching the lightning and she was all excited. i don't think they get many storms in hawaii.

It's all about feeling safe.