Thursday, September 20, 2007

News

Earlier in the week; Andy and I met with Dr. Brown, the guy who's taking out my thyroid. I very likeable fellow; laughing eyes and a quick wit - gentle hands around my throat. The visit started off on a bad note, though; they sprayed this deading down my nostrils, and it was nasty - gagged me and made me jump sky high! That did not sit well with me - I like to know what's coming! Anyway - once Dr. Brown came in and we chatted a bit, he began to look in my nose. His eyes widened, and he proceeded to inform me that my septum is very deviated!! So, after he takes out my thyroid, he's going to do a little rinoplasty!! It's apparently a win-win deal; no bruising or swelling and little pain. I'll sleep much better and breathe through my nose for the first time on that side. Nothing will change externally, so you'll recognize me next time we meet after that -
My insurance is going to begin to wonder if I'm trying to come up with these duo-surgeries if I don't stop soon!! Hey, why not get the most out of those anesthestiologists and operating rooms while I can!!

The date: Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2007 - 11:30 am. Please pray.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

My mom's getting a nose job. Ha!