Saturday, December 01, 2007

Many people would title this blog with profanity!

Well, I guess I caught your attention with that title, now didn't I?!? The other one I considered for today's post was, "I'm the queen of Non-confrontation!" Take your pick.
I will do ANYTHING to stay out of trouble. I've swallowed lots of feelings and thoughts throughout the years to avoid trouble and fights. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Yesterday, I made my boss furious with me. I made a decision based on what I thought was best, and to say the least, she REALLY disagreed with it. I was called in and, while she didn't for once curse, there is no doubt in my mind that she really wanted to. In about 20 minutes time, she let me know exactly what she thought of me and threatened me with being written up - I assured her that will not be necessary. When asked about someone else who was also in my predicament, I told her that she was scared of being in trouble, and she looked me dead in the eyes and said, "And maybe you should have been, too." Should an employee be AFRAID of a boss? I feel a little old to be playing these games right now, myself.

Andy took me out to eat ribs at Chili's - he knows how meat calms my soul. Leaving the restaurant, full and greasy, I met one of the dearest little boys I've ever taught coming in for their dinner. He ran and hugged me, and his mother said very kind things about me. Suddenly, the afternoon felt far away and insignificant - I'm good at what I do, and I make children happy. Isn't that what teaching is all about?

Pray that I can let go of this.

No comments: