Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas re-hashed

What a wonderful week of memories --- I hope you all had the same warm and happy time with friends and family that I've had; I'll hit the high points...





My week off was hectic with finishing shopping and wrapping gifts and heading to Houston. We arrived after lunch on Wed., and Liz was not too sure about who these people were grabbing her. It took a bit for her to warm up again, but I was patient. After all, it had been a couple of weeks since we'd been there, and that's a long time in baby time. We went to Christmas Eve service with the kids, and enjoyed the beautiful singing. Just glorious, 4 part harmonious voices, recalling the Saviour's birth. Then, we headed over to Mom and Dad's, and enjoyed some time of refreshment and visiting.





Christmas Morning!! Dana spent the night with us at the Johnson home, and we had a wonderful time. Liz took it all in, even posing for a "few" pictures, and we all stayed in our jammies quite a while. About 3, we headed over to Albert's for a wonderful dinner and gift-card exchange. The highlight was being splashed with greenbean casserole as Albert carried it to the table in one of the flimsy alumunium pans. Not too bad, and still had plenty to serve!! After the festivities, we went back to Erin's and played more Wii. Santa did good with that gift!!





We came home on Friday, and went to rehersal for a wedding that Andy was officiating. His first, he did wonderfully!! I was so proud of him - he's awfully handsome in a suit with a red rose boutineer!! The Johnson's left Sunday afternoon - Gregg is sick. He has developed Walking Pneumonia and their plans for Dallas got changed. Later....

Anyway. For me, one of the highlights was watching Liz lie on the table and kick and grin and coo; I have to wonder, does the all-encompassing love I have for that baby girl as I look into her dark, full eyes come even minutely close to the love God has for me when He sees me seek His face?
I am so overwhelmed with love and wonder at this child, as I was with her mother and her aunt at that age, that I feel my heart and mind just overfilling with emotion. It's at that moment, when I "Get It." That love that knows no boundaries, that would give whatever I needed to give to secure the safety and redemption of that baby. What my Father sees in me. And in us all -

Pure love.


3 comments:

Jaci said...

and ain't that hard to understand or what? I am finding myself having a harder time comprehending that kind of love. keep waiting for the shoe to drop

Jackie said...

that last comment was mine. Wadda loser I am!

Dana said...

Great re-cap but you forgot the laughter that filled Erin and Gregg's living room as we listened in on the bath time disaster of Christmas 2008. That is easily one of my highlights!