Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy January 1st

Someone on the radio yesterday said, "I am so glad this year is over - it was a horrible year!"

How can you look back over a year of your life, and proclaim it "Horrible?" I will say, 1990-91 was a low point; my dad died and it was the worst year of my teaching career, but I won't say the whole year was horrible. That is the year I met Mary Beth, who became a dear friend and sister in Christ, and I learned things about myself that were necessary to get me through the traumas that hit me. Not bad things at all.

This past year is one with good memories to recall. Following several medical proceedures the previous year, I was healthy and blessed with good reports as follow-ups. I began a new teaching assignment in the fall which has renewed my confidence in my career and introduced me to new co-workers who are very supportive and appreciative of my efforts. I grew in my love and appreciation of my husband, and my daughters developed into more wonderful, Christ-filled women before my eyes. And, oh yes, Elizabeth was born. So, all in all, not a bad 2008.

I look forward to this year on many fronts. I see retirement nearing and our financial status improving. I know that God is going to continue to watch over me and mine, and that His ways will bless us.

So, I wish for you good memories of the past year, and hope for good things ahead. Watch for happiness, and choose to see the good in each day. Look into the eyes of a child and find love and excitement. Sing.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am so glad to see the backside of 2008! Not that it was all bad, but the 'Obama' shadow has cast it's pall over all past and future. I know, I'm awful and 'I have no faith', but it's so awful . .. So while I had great memories of 2008, I am counting down to 2012!