Monday, January 26, 2009

Dentists, Aggies, Spurs and showers, oh my!!

Getting up this morning was hard!! It was a busy, hectic weekend, and I usually protect my Sunday afternoons for rest!! After a quiet lunch, Andrew and I usually settle in to nap and read the paper; but there was little time for that this past weekend...

Friday, I sucked it up and went to the dentist. The good news is, I did it - the bad news is, I have to do it again and again and AGAIN until I repair all the neglect of my teeth. It told him I was mad at him because he did not put my buddy - nitrous oxide- in his new office!! He assures me the little pills he gave me will be better, but I'll see. The next trial is set for Friday - a wisdom tooth. The best part of the day was dinner and games at the Huttons....

Saturday was okay. Not a lot of drama. But Sunday made up for it.

The Aggies for Christ were in town, so we had a big luncheon for them, combined with January birthdays. A good crowd in attendance, and delicious food. Sunday afternoon, I made brownies for the shower and watched my Spurs lose big time to the Lakers - of all people - on network tv. My boys looked bad!! Then, we had worship and the shower. It was nicely attended as well - we were afraid of having two fellowships in one day, but it was great! They had some family come in, and I think they were pleased with how it all turned out. Katherine made a yummy cake, and we had some to bring home; I'll enjoy it tonight during "24".

Now, I start another week of little ones. They crack me up and make the day go by fast!!
As I wrote letters on Justin's back this morning, he giggled and wiggled because he's so ticklish!! What a job I have!

No comments: