Monday, January 05, 2009

Welcome Back to School!

All right, so I had two weeks off. I worked hard in college to earn that break, and believe me, I used it to the hilt. The first few days were fast and furious with Christmas still to come, but the second week was nice and quiet. I would have liked a little colder weather so I could justify a fire, but it was not to be. Andy and I went out and bought ourselves a computer, ta-da!! He's been wanting one for a long, long time, but I was putting it off in case something happened and we needed that money. Well, I gave in when I saw the sales, and he is a happy camper. It IS nice, and much faster, even though we are still on dial-up.

So today, when I get to school, I learn that one of our students lost his father. Late 30s, in the high mountain altitude, he died of complications from pneumonia. A pulmonary-embolism or something like that. So sad. To top it off, it happened on his son's birthday, two days after Christmas!! I didn't know the man, but am saddened for his family.

As I get back into the routine of school, I am reminded just how fast each semester goes. Some say the first part of school is quicker due to the holidays, but the Spring just slips by. In no time, we will be at Spring Break, and then once TAKS is behind us, summer looms. Not that I want my life to fly by - just my career!! My 4th graders will go to PIC, and I will miss them, but I know the kids I will have next year, and will be glad to have most of back. I find myself settled nicely in this new position and feel it lends itself to a more relaxed me. Let's hope it lasts!!

Well, I've rambled enough. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Darla said...

That is so sad. They are Caleb's customers and he heard about this a few days ago. It is just too sad to lose a man so young with such a young family.