Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The days that pass....

Yesterday, Erin and I were talking, and in the background Liz was playing. Sweet little sounds of music, banging, laughing and a few whimpers filled the air as our conversation continued. Erin was telling me all the things that Liz has begun to do in the 2 months since I saw her last, and it made me even more anxious to get to Houston this weekend. I think the thing I am most in a hurry about is, I want Liz to KNOW me; to recognize my voice and anticipate my coming to see her - I want to be real to her, not someone who shows up once a month ( or longer!) that could be just anyone. I am ready to be her NANA. Hopefully, with the frequency of visits in the upcoming weeks, she will begin to put it together. I know it will happen soon, but I am impatient.... come on, Friday!!!

No comments: