Monday, September 14, 2009

A week gone by!

It's hard to believe it's almost been a week since I last posted! Lots of busy days, and now, my latest addiction - Farm games on Facebook!! It just seems not to enter my mind to post here, but I want to continue this so I'd better get busy!

The highlight of the week was RAIN! Praise God - we've had showers pretty much since Wed., some with wonderful, loud thunder! Over 2 inches, which doesn't seem like much, but we will take it and be greatful! This morning, I looked out during breakfast, and my wisteria is breaking out in new growth!! Amazing...

___________

Yesterday in Bible Class, a woman was talking about the urgency of time in our lives. The discussion had been along the lines of patience, and most of us had stated that being more patient is a benefit (one of the few!) of growing older. The perspectives shift, and what used to "hurry us up" just doesn't matter now. She is a little younger than me; her sons are still at home, and she told us how she is always encouraging them to make the most of today. Now, I don't think we should waste days, but this lady is over the top! She toldus that she has "less than 1500 days" until her sons leave for college. Now, that pretty much got everyone's attention - I think several of us were feeling pretty bad for the boys at that point!

So, as I close this post, I think about Liz and Bladen; I hope to enjoy each day - moment - I have with them and think of this poem that was popular when my babies were babies:

Cleaning and dusting can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So fly away cobwebs, dust go to sleep!
My baby's a baby, and babies don't keep!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Okay, I need to get to posting again, Amy. It has been since July. But now, I have a FAST connection I feel more like posting.

RE: Bible Class: I am SO-O happy to be the older, more patient version of myself. Life is so much happier being patient. Lee and I were agreeing we don't honk at the car in front of us when we wait through lights they have not noticed. We are just sitting there completely oblivious to everything going on around us, also. Why rush? It only makes a little bit of difference anyway, not life threatening or anything.