Thursday, October 07, 2010

Living a life at Peace

I really loved being a teacher. I loved the interaction with my peers, and loved seeing growth in my students - both in life and in reading. I came into the curriculum with reservations, and then became a convert after seeing little ones who'd never read before become readers -and loving it!!

Somewhere along the line, though, it changed. I really think it was when my friend and Principal Billie retired. She loved me, but beyond that, she treated me with respect. Suddenly, that was gone, and I became "old", an antique/dinosaur.

I knew I had a pervasive knot in my stomach, but I truly did not see how it was affecting my basic personality. Then, about July, I woke up without the knot, and suddenly I was hearing myself laugh (almost giggle) a lot. It was quite an awakening.

I am truly at peace in this new life; my husband and I are free of the angry woman I'd become without my even knowing she was there. My anger at the situation is truly gone, and while I miss my kids a lot, I know this is where I want to be; with Jackie, Susie, the Monday morning group, and Andrew.

Always with Andrew.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Even at 28 years old - nothing makes me happier right now than to read that last sentence. A kid always wants their parents lovingly together.