Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where to start...

The weekend in Dallas was wonderful, if for no other reason, I was reminded how much my son-in-law is loved. That translates into Erin being greatly loved as well, and that makes every mother happy. You hear horror stories about girls marrying into families that resent or dislike them, but I can honestly say, those people in Dallas love Erin. But I'll get back to that later...

On Saturday evening, we ate at III Forks Restaurant. There were 11 of us, and we were in a room to ourselves for the majority of the meal. Our waiter was a pro; his life's work was to serve people and help them to enjoy their evening out. Our one fault was that we were all tee-totalers, and so his "sales" suffered because of that, but I think he enjoyed us as much as we did him. If not, he's up for an Oscar for his acting.
This place was, for me, out of a movie in and of itself. The walls were covered with autographed celebrities who have eaten there, and that was fun to look at while we waited for our table. Then, came the food. Amazing; the best salad I have ever put in my mouth, and the corn was the next best. Corn. But not just corn. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. The beef tenderloin was good, but I'll stick with Saltgrass on that....
For desert, the best strawberry shortcake I've ever had.

Erin's shower the next day was something else. I think my gift to Gregg of a baby SPURS suit was the highlight of the day, but perhaps not... all the Dallas folks thought it was pretty funny!! Anyway, they were truly "showered" with everything you can imagine, the car barely had room for them to go back to Houston, but they made it just fine. All the men were there in the Johnson/LaMore family, so that was fun as well. It was amazing to see the turnout and the true affection the ladies feel for Gregg and his parents. Liz is a truly blessed little girl.
And to think, we get to do it again in Houston in a month!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

yeah, but how many diapers did she get?

The Johnsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Johnsons said...

What happened to my comment?! So weird. Anyway, Jackie, we didn’t get any diapers. Lots of other fun things – lots of clothes, but no diapers. I appreciate all we got, but we have started to realize we really need to start stocking up on the diapers! Thank goodness Target had a sale this week!  It was fun, huh, Mom. I’m glad you enjoyed it all! I love you - Erin