Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From Monday

Every year, our Superintendent gets us a motivational speaker. Last year's was amazing, and I was apprehensive about topping him this year. Well, our speaker was very talented, and kept us entertained not only with her topic, but also with her singing. She is the younger sister to Larry Gatlin, and shares his vocal talent. Along with her inspirational tidbits, she shared the following. I'll let you take what you will from it....

(Based on the musical scales)

DO - Do the right thing. Always
RE - Realize your potential by helping others reach theirs
MI - Mind your manners - manners count
FA - Fears can be turned around
SO - Solutions begin with me
LA - laugh !
TI - Time is valuable
DO - do it all again!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I am so glad you took notes!

I really enjoyed the presentation Monday also.

Staci said...

thats great!!! ill have to pass this along to all my teacher friends, surfed over from LPM.