Thursday, July 09, 2009

Dana's visit

We've had a nice, long visit with Dana this past week! She came in on Sunday night, and is heading back to Houston in a bit. She's gotten to sleep in, relax with me on the couch, watched a movie or two, had lunch with Jackie, and played Wii with her buddies. It's been so nice to have her here - I never tire of being with her and talking, talking, talking. Andy wonders what it is we talk about - but it's more what don't we talk about. I'm so grateful she and Erin still want to come home!! She is in a good spot in her life; content and optimistic, and that's such a good thing for a mom to see!!

I love the summer for this reason; Dana is here now, then all the group will come in about 3 weeks for a reception, and then I hope to journey back with them to Houston for a few days before the new school year begins. I want a few lazy days with Liz before she outgrows this marvelous stage that she is in right now, and before my ability to just go as I please is replaced by work.

Life is good right now -



1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit! Looking forward to August!