Thursday, July 02, 2009

Up and moving

Andy and I got home about 10:30 last night... the whole episode taking about 12 hours from pulling out of the driveway to pulling back in. The main things that hurt today are NOT what I went in for at all; it's my tailbone from sitting in the bed all day and my throat from the tube they put in. All in all, the rest was/is pretty painless. Have mammo after mammo to make sure the wire went into the exact spot was unpleasant, but if it guided the surgeon, then I could handle it.

One thing I know is, the people at Methodist are some of the nicest I've ever had to be around. Those people truly act like they love their job and serving people. It makes the nastiness of being in a hospital bearable.

One comical note: while getting registered, they asked if I wanted the chaplain to come and pray with me before the procedure, and I said, "Sure". 8 hours later, just before they put in my IV, I told the nurse to just forget the prayer; let's get this done! She laughed, gave me my pre-surgery "margarita", and out I went. I was not in the mood to wait for one more person - chaplain or not!!

Now, if my head will just clear!! :)

No comments: