Friday, October 16, 2009

Only half a pill!

I've shared before about my phobia towards the dentist chair. I, at one point, required music, gas, and a "happy pill" to even get me in the office - many years went by while my teeth suffered and I avoided the inevitable. Even now, the memories of some of those visits make me quiver with nerves!!

But last year, I decided, "You are 53 years old - get over it!" That decision, along with my dentist no longer having the invaluable nitrous oxide to comfort me, has gotten me to my visit today. I have all but two repairs done - a victory of sorts - and today, when I go get the next part of my new crown, I will be going on only half a happy pill! Two reasons - I don't want to sleep tonight and tomorrow away in a stuper, and I want to wean myself off totally. I trust my sweet Dr. David, who is so patient with me, and so I reach this milestone. I'm not sure I can do the last big appointment without it, but for today, it's a plan. Keep me in your thoughts as I take this step -

I'm hoping to one day be his patient of the month!!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Good for you!
You are not alone in your fears of dentistry!