Monday, October 12, 2009

Ray's sermon

This past Sunday, Ray spoke on discipleship. He spoke to us about the commitment we make at baptism, so be a true follower of the Christ. To face the unimaginable and stand up for Who it is we believe in, rather than the everyday "I'm a Christian" talk we may or may not own up to. When the sermon turned to even facing death at the hand of a non-believer, for the first time in my life, I really felt compelled to consider that happening. Growing up in unconquerable America, I've never considered the fact that this is a possiblity, and now - with so many people arming themselves with the express point to taking us out, I felt threatened.

At dinner later, some friends were talking, and I said that I don't think we will be taken over by someone even expected by us as an enemy, but rather from the south, or some rebel nut with a cause. I think I miss the old Cold War - at least we had a face to fear!

So, while this isn't the most encouraging post of my blog, please consider it. Is your discipleship firm and committed? I hope so; I'm looking forward to our spending eternity together!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I thought as he asked that Sunday - "Man, I hope so." It's no secret that I am scared to death about what's happening to this nation, but I think I'm not scared for me. The tattoo made my allegiance statement!

Because, really, what are we if not Gods?