Friday, October 09, 2009

For the most part....

I am a happy person. I have a lot of wonderful things in my life, things that - while I wasn't arrogant enough to expect them, I wasn't surprised when they happened. I have a husband that keeps on going with me, even though after all this time, I think he's going to realize one day that I'm not "all that" and leave me for someone else. He says he still likes to hold my hand above all else - how sweet is that ?!? Sometimes, I think I want to leave me; to run away and make his life better.... but I'm not strong enough to do it.

I have two daughters that wrote the book on loving their mom. Erin and I have learned together how to manage the "married-daughter-too-many-phone-calls" situation, and I think we've done pretty good! My son-in-law hasn't blown a gasket yet, anyway!! Dana still takes it in stride when I treat my first-born like she is Liz's age and not a grown woman, and even though I try to realize it; she'll always be my baby girl.

My church family loves me unconditionally (I think, anyway!) What a blessing they are to me in my walk with our Lord - Andy and I don't even speculate about leaving after retirement; where could we go away from our family? Who could love us as much?!?

So that leaves work and me. Work is good; I like my kids and my co-workers, but I am looking forward to someday soon being able to walk away and be a full-time Nana. With Dave Ramsey helping us, it won't be long.

Now, if I could just get myself together. As year 55 approaches, I see so much in my self that I have great need to fix. Everyday things that, I go to bed with great resolve of repairing, and wake to the morning with just dealing with the day. I really, really want to back up the years, and redo some things - and since that's not likely to happen, I'll just deal with one thing at a time.

I just hope I have patience with myself to get it done.

No comments: