Monday, November 09, 2009

The weekend in review

Had a lovely time in Houston - again. We arrived at Dana's apartment with time to spare before falling into bed, and then activities began.

Dana and Andrew got up and headed out for a belated Birthday breakfast. She took him to her favorite place, and then they went to a museum exhibit on the 40th anniversary of the landing on the moon. I was invited to go, but Andy and I don't really do well together at museums... he is a meticulous reader of all things exhibited, and I scan and go. Both parties deemed it a success.

While they took in culture and science, I shopped for Bladen's shower gift and a book for Liz. Never had been to a Babies R Us, and am glad there isn't one in Pleasanton!! I decided a checkbook is not a good thing to take when the amount to spend is open-ended; from now on, I only go in with cash!

After shopping, I arrived at the Johnson home. Once Liz woke up, we had a good reunion (she looks like "Who are you and why are you here so sporadically??" She warmed up pretty quickly this time, and I have to say the highlight of my afternoon was when she was singing. Such a precious sound to my ears! If only I could have recorded it!! Her other grandparents arrived, as did Andy and Dana, so then the sharing began.

One down side to the weekend was that Roark, Liz's canine brother, reacted to some flea repellent, and ended up in the ER for dogs. He is okay now, but it was a downer for the weekend.

Sunday was worship, and then the shower. Lots and lots and LOTS of little boy clothes, so she is set for the first few months. Diapers were the other hit of the day, and those were received very graciously! One we got things back to the house, we hugged, kissed, and said out good-byes.

So, now we wait. Thanksgiving is in two weeks, and then Bladen is scheduled to arrive soon afterward. We are all ready to meet this little man and see what joy he adds to our growing family!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

What a fun weekend!
I plan to be in Houston this weekend for our fun times. We are down to hours now. Wednesday is the big day.