Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Victor, my new best friend!

I've now been without my computer at home for weeks - at least 3!! We thought we were waiting to be contacted by Dell on when we would get serviced, but Andy found out yesterday that we were supposed to contact THEM!! Grrr......

So, after he left last night, I gathered up the info on our computer and called Dell. 7:15ish. The first guy I was connected to, I hung up on. He couldn't understand me, nor I him. After reading the same number to him at least 10 times, very distinctly, and him reading it back TOTALLY wrong, I hung up.

Mona was next. Wouldn't even connect me until I promised to update my service plan. She kept saying 2 years, I kept saying 1. Two years, one year, over and over and over until I shouted at her. I could barely understand her as well, but she was better than the first guy!

Then, Victor. Finally. Someone who understood me and I him!! We tried several different things to get me rebooted, all the while, my phone battery is beeping. And beeping, and so on. He even took my cell number so in case my phone died, he could call me back directly and I wouldn't have to start over with someone new.

Finally, with my phone seriously beeping every minute or so, we got things done. Now, hopefully, in a matter of days, I will be back on line!! I asked to speak to his superior, and lavished praise on this faceless man in the Phillipines (I asked him!) who was so polite and thorough.

Time: 8:40. One and one-half hours.

Frustrating.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I think that frustrating sounds like an understatement! Glad things are moving!

Jackie said...

I so miss you.