Monday, December 14, 2009

Beauty all around me

Right now,if you turn onto my street, you see lots of trees, but only one is glowing with red, yellow and orange Fall leaves. My goal, when we moved there, was to plant trees to give me beautiful Fall colors, and after 16 years in the house, my goal is a reality! They have never looked more brilliant and bold; my Red Oak in the front lawn is surpassed only by my Bur Oak in the back.

At breakfast, as I sit at the table and look out, it fills me with such a wonderful feeling of the glories of God. How did He know we would take such pleasure in the simple changing of colors in His creation? How kind of Him to bless us with these simple things which are all around us. I almost hate for winter to come and take the leaves from their branches, because this year has been so bountiful!!

Thank you, Father, for red, gold, orange and yellow leaves!!

No comments: