Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell, 2009

Today doesn't feel like New Year's Eve. Part of it is because we haven't had Christmas yet with the Johnson clan, a situation we are going to correct by driving over this afternoon. Another thing is, this year just went too fast!!

While overall it was an average year, the first year of Liz's life, and the recent addition of Bladen to our family has made it extraordinary. The sweetness and gentleness of their lives flows over into ours, and makes simple things seem so amazing. I guess the memories of my own two darling babies so long ago has something to do with it - yet while the love and enjoyment is there, the pressure of responsibility is not. What a wonderful blend of emotions that produces!!

While there have been times of concern this fleeing year, overall it was without problems. We got to enjoy a relaxing vacation atop the beautiful mountains of Colorado and saw the vast scenery of New Mexico. (I can't think of a color that I did not see in the rocks of that state!) I found again my confidence in my ability to teach (thanks, Mary!), and my enjoyment of my career has resurfaced. I'm so grateful for that; I was afraid I would retire doubting myself. Hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll look back on these past few years as the ones that taught me the most about not only myself, but dealing with others and nurturing little ones in those first years of school.

Overall, I think the best thing about this year is that I grew to love my husband and daughters in ways I never imagined. Andy and I reached 33 years of marriage in a day when most people just get tired or quit. We still laugh, love, and worship together, and I'm so proud of the man he is.

So, as this year turns to a new decade - I look into this coming year with confidence and expectation. I ask of God's blessing on all my loved ones and friends, and for peace in our land.

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

2009 WAS a good year!
2010 has yet to reveal all the blessings it will bring but we look forward to a new year of unseen possibilities.

Happy New Year!